Delicious, moist and easy to make.
1 x 410g can apricots in juice
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 T margarine or butter
1 t baking soda
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup plain flour
1 t baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Lightly grease a 22cm loaf tin with a pastry brush and oil or oil spray.
- Puree canned apricots and juice together using a stick blender or a food processor.
- Place the first four ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Leave to cool and then add the baking soda.
- Add the flours and baking powder to the apricot mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out.
Recipe from Cooking for Older People – Easy Recipes for One or Two,
Canterbury District Health Board.