Lots if different ingredients can be added to a green salad but sometimes the simplest green salads are the best!
Choose lettuce and at least three of the following ingredients:
- - spring onion, chopped
- - celery, chopped
- - radish, chopped
- - tomato, sliced
- - cucumber, sliced
- - red, green or yellow pepper, sliced
- - bean sprouts
- - gherkin, sliced
- - carrot, grated
- - parsley or chives, chopped
1. Wash torn lettuce and other chosen ingredients well. Shake off excess water and place in a bowl.
2. Mix together and chill slightly before serving.
3. Either mix with dressing immediately before serving, or serve the dressing separately.
Use a pre-made dressing from the supermarket. Alternatively use the recipe below to make your own dressing.
- - ½ to ¾ cup olive or salad oil
- - ¼ cup vinegar
- - 1 t prepared mustard
- - ¼ t paprika
- - 1 t clear honey or sugar
- - salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake well before serving.
- Store unused dressing in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Easy Recipes for One or Two