A complete meal in itself. This is a great way to enjoy fish during winter. For special occasions use hot smoked salmon (100g) and a small can of smoked fish fillets (310g).
Onion, finely chopped
|Celery, washed and finely diced||2 stalks|
|Garlic, crushed||1 t|
|Trim milk||3 cups|
|Potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes||2 medium|
|Smoked fish fillets, canned. Drain and keep liquid||1 x 450g can|
|Parsley, finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Edam cheese, grated||1/2 cup|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, garlic and saute until soft.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables, stir and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add drained liquid from canned fish and stir to make a smooth paste. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Flake fish and add to soup. Bring to a simmer.
- Add parsley and pepper to taste.
Serve soup with a sprinkle of Edam cheese.